At work, they sometimes call the day after you take in-house call a "day off". Unfortunately, if you are very busy that night then your whole next day is spent sleeping and generally recovering. That was my day today--I was exhausted! DS#2 and DS#3 were both home today, which complicated things more. Usually DS#3 is in daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He didn't have a fever anymore today, but he was still not drinking/nursing very well, so he stayed home. That just meant that I would try to feed him, struggle with that, and then end up having to pump anyway. DS#2 did have a fever and he was miserable, unlike DS#1 and DD last week. Let's just say that my day finally got a little better when I was able to take a short afternoon nap.
Tonight DS#1 and DD both had soccer practices on fields that were a good half hour apart--at least. So DH took DD while I took all the boys. When I dropped off DS#1, I went to Michael's craft store because it's easier to deal with the baby in a store than in a car for an hour and a half.
One interesting thing to note was that I had taped a bunch of scrapbooking shows from QVC yesterday, and since I couldn't really do anything else anyway (especially with the baby being so clingy), I was just sitting in the living room watching that all day. DS#2 even started looking at one of my scrapbooks while we were watching. So, when we were at Michael's, DS#2 kept pointing out products that he had seen on the taped QVC shows. I kept hearing, "Look Mama--there's that (fill-in-the-blank)." I thought this was hilarious. He even expressed interest in doing his own scrapbook pages. I love this hobby so much that I would definitely love sharing it with him.
We were only at Michael's for about 15 minutes (still had another 45 minutes to go before picking up DS#1) when I noticed that DS#2 really started to "slow down". I knew I had to get him home to get him some more medication. He looked absolutely miserable and I realized--wait, why am I taking this sick boy driving around? Luckily, DH was able to leave DD's practice early to pick up DS#1 and I just took the two younger boys home. DS#2 took some ibuprofen and went straight to bed. I keep hoping that his illness will go away after a day or so (it's already been two days) like his siblings. Let's hope that getting some extra sleep (he did nap today also) will make him at least feel a lot better tomorrow.
2 comments:
aww! Poor Alex. And so funny that he watched QVC w/ you so attentively that he remembers the products! Nick has only expressed an interest in scrapbooking when he had to do a page for Scouts - there's hope for Alex yet! Hope he - and the rest of the family - gets to 100% soon!
Love,
C
Poor kidlets still sick! But really funny story about QVC!
Post a Comment