Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Sickies

After being so good at blog updates at the beginning of last month, I have been so bad recently. One reason is that this week has been full of sick children. On Tuesday (1/29) DS#1 came home from school with a fever of 102. He "didn't feel well" and aside from looking like he didn't feel well, he ate normally and acted normally after he had some ibuprofen. Still, we couldn't let him go to soccer practice that night. Besides, it was cold and windy out and we didn't want to make whatever was causing the fever worse. He didn't have a fever on Wednesday morning, so he went back to school.

On Wednesday afternoon after school, DD started lying down on the sofa all covered up in a blanket saying that she felt really cold. She didn't even want to get up to eat, although she did eventually. She had a fever of 102 also. We were supposed to go to a Daisy Girl Scouts meeting--really only the fourth one since we decided to join. Well, this is the second of the four meetings that we've missed. She was SO disappointed, but what else could we do? She still had a fever on Thursday morning so she stayed home from school. She acted normally otherwise.

On Thursday evening, DS#1 again had a fever, to 101 this time. He missed soccer practice again. Everyone seemed to be better on Friday. Today, DS#3 had a fever to 103! We think he is teething too, so he is following in big brother's footsteps. DS#1 used to always teeth and have something else simultaneously so that he would have fevers to 103 almost routinely! *SIGH* That is not an experience we want to repeat with this one.

Today was also busy, but in a different way. It has become a Saturday morning routine for me to make banana pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast. DH and the kids all love it, so what else is a mother who wants to spoil her family to do except oblige? This morning I was experimenting and added some cocoa powder to the batter since they all seem to enjoy getting chocolate pancakes when we go to IHOP for breakfast. I guess I shouldn't have bothered, because they either said that there was too much banana or they said that they preferred it when I just added chocolate chips to the batter.

After breakfast we headed to DS#2's last basketball game of the season! Woohoo! Can you tell that I'm happy that we don't have to have Monday evening practices from 7:30 to 8:30 anymore, especially when DS#2 usually goes to bed by 8PM? After the game I started making cupcakes for DS#2's "Blue and Gold" Dinner (Cub Scouts). I didn't have too much time after that and then we had to go to the Dinner. When we got back we had to get everyone ready for bed. I can't believe that the weekend is supposed to be restful?!!

Okay, that was a rather long blog entry. I'd better stop there. I'll try to upload some new photos in the next couple of days and update here again. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope everyone is better!! I know I've been under the weather too for a bit. Guess its going around.

Laura said...

I'm glad the kids aren't worse than a fever.
You always seem to be on the go, I don't know how you do it!

Pam Sivage said...

So sorry the sickies are going around, hope they feel better!