Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hope the Weather Changes

Thank goodness it's been mild weather here recently. We'll most likely pay with a super-hot summer, but for now it's been worth it.

I have to take the baby with me to soccer practices. Last night the older boys both had practices at the same field. I usually drop them off so I can go "shopping" with the baby. It's much easier coping with the baby indoors at some store (usually a nearby Hobby Lobby or Target) than in the car for an hour and a half. We didn't do anything like that last night.

DS#3 fell asleep in the car on the way to practice. After I dropped off the boys, I kept driving since I was afraid that the little man would wake up when the car stopped. I made the excuse to get myself a mocha frappucino at the Starbucks Drive Thru. I didn't need anything at Hobby Lobby or Target, so I went to a nearby scrapbook store that I haven't been to in years and parked. I thought that when he woke up, we would go inside. Well, after a half hour, he was still snoring away.

I went ahead and went back to the boys' practice field since I thought I might as well wait there. He slept until there were only about 15 minutes left to practice. That's when I took him out of the car. I couldn't get a close parking spot and I didn't want DS#2 to think we weren't there. This is where I was glad it wasn't so cold. It was cool and breezy, but it was tolerable. I put DS#3's hooded jacket on. At first he made the motion to remove the hood from his head, but then he left it. I don't know if he was chilly or he was still tired--maybe a little of both.

I walked around with him cuddled close to me. Usually he tries to escape and crawl on the ground. He stayed huddled under my jacket. I just enjoyed these moments because I know they won't last. The poor thing probably hasn't been sleeping well. My parents always told me that I was "always sick" as a young child but then later, DH would say that I had "super human immunity". Well, this one has been congested for the last several months. He can barely nurse because he can't breathe and eat at the same time. I hope that this means that he won't be sick so much later in life. For now, DH has to torture him constantly with the suction bulb. When do babies learn how to blow their noses, anyway? Despite the mild weather, I hope the weather changes so that maybe whatever is causing this allergy-type stuff passes.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Well I hope the congestion passes...that's just no fun!

The Mom said...

I hope it is just allergies or something and not anything to truly worry about!! Hope he gets some relief soon but I am with you I am enjoying this weather right now!!