Saturday, September 27, 2008

Followup to Doe-wa

I don't have much time to post today. We had our back-to-back soccer games again today. They were so close, in fact, that we asked the team manager of DS#1's team to pick him up at DS#2's game so he could make it to the warmup before his game (which was across town, of course). By the time we got to DS#1's game, it had already started. We didn't even have time to have lunch, so we had a big "linner" at about 3:30PM or so. The kids were so confused about whether or not we had lunch and dinner!

Anyway, as a followup to my last post, this morning, DS#3 became so cranky and clingy right after I had gone downstairs to make breakfast. There was no way that I could carry him AND make breakfast, and he was so distressed and crying so much, so I asked DS#2 to put the "Dora the Explorer" DVR tape on the TV. At the mere mention of Dora, DS#3 suddenly became quiet and went immediately to the living room so he could sit down and watch the show!

A similar thing happened yesterday when I was trying to help DD with her piano lesson pieces. He wanted to play the piano too, and that would have been way too distracting for her. I have a "Dora" video on ITunes that I played for him. He became quiet and actually started smiling and dancing! It was amazing! I don't advocate using TV to babysit your kids, but I can see why people do it!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL! I think Dora has a fan!

ScrapAddict said...

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....

Pam Sivage said...

At least he picked Dora to calm him down!

Laura said...

At least you know what will occupy him when you need to!