Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No!

Yes, DS#3 has entered that phase when everything is "No!" I think that's all he hears, so that's all he says. Yesterday, DS#2 was pulling him around in the wagon outside (it's been beautiful weather here lately). I came outside and DS#2 came up to me excitedly and said he had to show me something. Of course, his baby brother didn't perform on cue, but apparently, he had been asking DS#3 a series of questions, to which DS#3 would always reply "No!" DS#2 asked, "Do you like being in the wagon?" "No!" was the reply, although he was obviously enjoying himself in the wagon because he didn't want to get out. When DS#2 asked, "Do you like to say, 'No'?", the reply again was, "No!" Once again, that answer was obviously wrong. :)

The constant negative replies can get a bit confusing. Tonight, he did not want to let go of his Dora book when it was time to go to bed. I asked him if he wanted to put the Dora book down. I asked him if he wanted to keep the Dora book in the bed with him. The replies to both were of course, "No!" He seemed calmer when he had the book, so I guessed that to be the correct action for me to take.

Tonight, it was the Dora book. Last night, he went to bed with one of his little trucks. This morning, after a short nap (he fell asleep in the car), DH heard him singing. DH went up to the game room where his crib is and saw him happily playing with his truck that had been left in his crib from last night. He wasn't able to get a video before the little man noticed his audience, but I'm sure it was really cute.

This is a layout of DS#3 that I finished a couple of days ago. I used my new Studio Calico kit. It's a bit out of my comfort zone to use papers from different manufacturers in the same page, but I'm enjoying this kit so far. The pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago, when I snapped some pictures of DS#3 waiting for the school bus carrying his siblings. I included some journaling in there about how much he loves those juice bags. He looks so cute when he drinks those things. His pudgy little hands are wrapped around the juice bag and his little cheeks are puffing away at the straw. I know--I'm a little biased. :)

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Ah, the NO phase......always a favorite, sort of.

The Mom said...

I am so proud of you!! You already got your kit and broke it out too!!! Way to go, the layout looks awesome!!

Pam Sivage said...

Love this kit and the layout!!!

Lily said...

i hate that no phase. wonderful layout

Nicole said...

love your layout, and please send me an email...brains32192@aol.com

YOU'RE MY WINNER!!!
=)