The little ones and I made the trek to visit my family in Houston today. It was such a stressful day at work that the stress of rushing home to pack the car and drive off was nothing in comparison. It's usually challenging to travel with just the little ones. They both sit in the back seat and I can't reach them. The cooler with the drinks and the snack bag are back there too. Eric usually drops something out of reach that he can't seem to live without.
Eric and Natalie argued and made lots of noise for the first hour plus. Then, after they had their snack I encouraged them to play on the iPod Touches. I was able to drive in peace in quiet for a few minutes, anyway. Eric fell asleep for a few minutes right as we were getting close to my sister Cynthia's house.
Cynthia is very good at planning fun kid activities. She took out this "Cookie Play" set with cookie dough that looks like Play-doh. The kids had a blast shaping their "playdoh" cookies. Natalie made single balls of one color each. Nick made a space shuttle. Emily and Aly had combinations of colors. Eric just liked playing with the dough.
The little ones are currently "sleeping" in Aly's room being very loud. I just hope they get enough rest to function tomorrow. They don't get the best sleep here (because of the temptation to play) and it's stressful to drive here without the rest of the family. They have so much fun with family though, that it's totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment