Friday, October 29, 2010

Second Annual Halloween Party

We were invited to the house of Alex and Natalie's friends for a Halloween party. I'm not sure how many years they've been having this party, but this is our second year of going to it. They did a great job decorating the outside and inside. In this picture, Eric is eating his Chick-Fil-A nuggets while sitting on their "Yellow Brick Road". Their theme was "The Wizard of Oz". Natalie's friend and her mom were witches. Alex's friend was The Tin Man while his dad was The Scarecrow. Their grandmother was Glenda the Good Witch, and their grandfather was The Lion. I just thought it was cool that they all dressed in the same theme.

Patrick and I never used to wear costumes, but last year we did because costumes were "required". Patrick and I got "matching" costumes from Target this year, both in a nautical theme. The lighting wasn't great for photos, so I'll have to get pictures of the costumes on Halloween.

Even though costumes were supposedly "required", Alex wore his usual T-shirt, shorts, and hoodie instead of a costume. Despite that, he got the awards for "Best Boy Costume" and "Most Epic Costume". Here he is, too busy texting to look up for me to take this picture of him with his awards.

Natalie again got the "Funniest Costume" award for her firefighter costume. She got it last year for her doctor costume. I'm not sure any of those awards were appropriately awarded, but they were all awards for the kids and they seemed to have fun with them.

Even though he took a two hour nap today, Eric still looked very tired (see first photo above). Natalie even said she was "ready to go home" at around 8:15pm (after we had only gotten there around 7pm). She doesn't usually ask to go unless she's tired, so we left soon after that. It was a great party, and I hope we get invited again next year. :)

No comments: