Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Growing Phases

I was going to post that Patrick went with us to Baskin-Robbins again today for Dollar Scoop Tuesday, but then I realized that just two weeks ago I posted about the other time he came along. Anyone who reads my blog regularly would probably think that we love ice cream, and they would be correct.

Alex loves ice cream too, but he always misses Dollar Scoop Tuesday because of soccer practice on Tuesdays. When he hasn't had soccer and we've gone to Baskin-Robbins, he's opted to stay home a couple of times. When that happens, I tend to look at him and ask what he's done with my "real" son. Last Saturday night, Patrick and I went out to eat with just Eric and Natalie. Anthony was out to dinner with friends, and Alex again opted to stay home. The reason is that he usually wants to play on the PS3. Putting our foot down and making him come with us usually just makes him unhappy we all get in a bad mood. Maybe this is just one of those pre-teen phases when he's trying to separate himself from his family. I hope he outgrows it.

We didn't have to do that tonight, and as anyone can see in the picture above, we were in a silly mood. Patrick was joking with Anthony about how he needs to stand up straight. I'm not sure why he felt like he had to grab Anthony's head to make a point, but I took pictures anyway. I'm still amazed at how tall Anthony is almost on a daily basis. He isn't growing much in height anymore (although he himself is still hoping for another inch or two).

Eric is definitely not tall, but according to his checkups, he is still growing, at least in height. He jumped on our bathroom scale the other night, so I took the opportunity to weigh him. He still weighs only 29 pounds! Chances are that he won't be as tall as his brothers. He has the same "determination" as his brothers, though. The picture above is of him ignoring me because I'm taking pictures of him. I hope this is just a preschooler phase. :)

No comments: