We had a lot planned for today. Anthony had a JV game scheduled for noon today. He had me drop him off at Benny's Tacos at 8am so he could have breakfast with his buddies, including one kid who is now on the Varsity team. It's been raining here quite a bit since yesterday, with intermittent thunder and lightning as well. At about 9am, he called me. I was already relaxing at home getting ready to eat my breakfast taco. The JV game had been cancelled so I needed to go pick him back up and take him home. He was most bummed by the fact that the Varsity game had NOT been cancelled. He had hoped that they would go ahead and take him, but alas, that was not the case.
On a funnier note, I've been buying Eric the bacon and egg taco (the same kind Anthony likes). He'll eat maybe a third of it and then he'll say that he wants to save the rest--but that Anthony can eat the rest if he wants to, which Anthony usually does when he gets home from soccer. This time he got home earlier since his game was cancelled and he did, in fact, eat the rest of that taco.
After we got home, I let Anthony play on the PS3 to let him relax a bit after the disappointing morning. Eric was looking at a Birthday Express catalog and he pointed out a Mario Kart T-shirt and said that he wanted that. He's never really played on the Wii before, so I asked him if he wanted to play the Mario Kart game on the Wii. He seemed reluctant at first, but Alex was very persuasive and so the both of them started playing. Eric had a hard time keeping his cart on the race course. I tried to help him but of course I'm not very good at steering either so I enlisted Anthony's help. That enabled me to take a picture of my boys all playing on the Wii. I love the expressions of deep concentration on their faces. Aren't they cute? ;)
Patrick and Natalie had left around 10:30am so they would be able to get to Natalie's swim meet in the north part of Austin by the 12:30pm warmup time. They got there a little after noon and soon after that, Patrick texted me that the meet had been cancelled around 8 or 9am this morning. We were upset that we weren't contacted especially when it was apparent that most of the families had been contacted. They at least were going to give Natalie and another girl a workout since they had made the wasted trip there. They're on their way back home now. Tonight they have a Daddy-Daughter Dance to go to. Patrick's going to be exhausted from all of that driving.
For the rest of the afternoon, the boys and I were playing various games on our devices. Eric and Alex built another fort in the game room. Alex is going to a birthday party in about an hour. That party is the reason why I didn't go with Patrick and Natalie to Austin. I was sad that I was going to miss the meet, but I guess it was a good thing since the meet was cancelled anyway.
I have one more piece of exciting news from this past week. We got Anthony's SAT scores back from when he took it on January 28th: Critical Reading 680, Math 720, Writing 780. The total is 2180 out of a possible 2400. That's excellent! They only had the reading and math when Patrick and I took it way back when. One of his good friends told him that he should take it again, though, because apparently when his friend took it again he scored 150 points higher. If Anthony decides to do that, he needs to actually study or it won't be worth it. We're still very proud of him!
Alex also took the SAT as part of a Duke University program, but since they set that up, we can't access his scores online. We'll have to wait for the paper copy in the mail.

No comments:
Post a Comment