This morning Anthony and I left the house at 6:30am so he could meet his friends at Benny's Tacos for breakfast before their JV game. By the time Patrick and I left the house at 8:30am, the temperatures had dropped and the rain had begun. The first half was wet and windy, with temps probably in the 40s with the wind chill. The boys were covered in mud, as you can see in this picture. Patrick and I remarked on how clean Anthony looked, actually, compared to his friend who had mud all over his legs. Most of the boys fell in the slippery mud at least once or twice, but Anthony stayed on his feet. I didn't realize it until I had uploaded this picture into the computer that Anthony did have mud spatter on his legs. Believe me, he still looked "clean" compared to most of the other boys. By the end of the game, the sun had come out and the wind had died down a little. Unfortunately, they lost 0-2.
The rest of the day was a quiet one. Natalie spent most of the afternoon at a friend's house (AR) and the evening at an ice skating birthday party for another neighbor (LL). Patrick picked up our tired little girl at 10:15pm. She usually puts herself to bed by 7:30pm, so that's pretty late for her.
I wanted to throw in this picture I took with my phone yesterday. I've been buying Eric different cars from the movie Cars and giving them to him when he's been a good boy. Rewarding him is just an excuse to give him presents even when it isn't Christmas or his birthday. He gets so excited when I give him a car that even I get excited every time I give him a car. Even Alex has bought Eric some Cars cars with his own money because he loves giving Eric presents. Buying $3-$6 cars gets a little expensive, however, plus he's got most of the Cars cars available already. He does play with them every single day, so they get a lot of use.
I saw these Cars tattoos at Michael's craft store last weekend. Eric got very excited when I showed them to him and told him he could have one on Friday if he was a good boy the rest of the week. Earlier in the week he apparently wasn't listening well at school, which is different for him. I used the tattoo as a reward for him listening to his teacher at school. As you can see, the tattoo was a hit and I found a much less expensive way to reward him.
I'm on call on Super Bowl Sunday (tomorrow) so I hope everyone out there behaves themselves!


No comments:
Post a Comment