Friday, May 25, 2012

Field Day

Today was Field Day at Natalie's school. I met Eric and Patrick there after my hair appointment. They were helping out at the Snow Cone station. For some odd reason, they had put the Snow Cone station outside next to the gym where there wasn't any shade. I asked Eric if he wanted to go sit on a bench under a tree. He told me that he had been using the shade under one of the tables. Sure enough, he went there after this conversation and I snapped this photo. Poor thing! Soon after this, we got some help and moved the Snow Cone station into some shade. I benefitted from this when I took over for Patrick for the next volunteer shift. We learned from last year that we shouldn't try to keep Eric with us the whole time we volunteer, so Patrick took him home after his shift was over.

I snapped this photo when we were in the shade. I love looking at that cute face. Notice his many tattoos? I've been indulging him with putting on as many Dinosaur Train and Cars tattoos as he wants and that will fit on his forearms.

He seems so serious, but really, he was in a good mood. Just before Patrick's shift, the two of them turned in the paperwork to officially register Eric in kindergarten. He was excited to be a "kindergartener"! He got a celebratory lunch at Sonic after that. :)

I didn't even see Natalie until the very end of my shift/end of school. She was soaking wet! We weren't supposed to give the kids more than one snow cone (to make sure everyone got at least one), but she grabbed the one I was eating and ran away with it. She came home on the bus with a huge shirt worn over her own shirt that she had borrowed from one of the teachers.

The kids only have two more days of school next week. We've got a busy weekend and week ahead.

No comments: