I just got my Mother's Day present today--a new camera lens. Yay! Natalie was the closest one to me and she was a somewhat willing model. Even with the dim and less than ideal lighting, I love this photo because I love looking at her beautiful face. Her hair is wet on most nights since she swims at least five or six times a week and then takes a shower when she gets home.
Besides the swimming, Natalie has had a busy month or so. She has had several dentist and orthodontist visits concerning a back tooth (baby tooth) that was draining. Her orthodontist was concerned about the possibility of infection, but he didn't want to lose the tooth because it would change her bite. She went to two dentists, including a pediatric dentist, who both recommended pulling the tooth. Finally, they pulled the tooth, and then she had a couple of visits to the orthodontist for a new retainer since her old retainer wouldn't fit after the tooth was gone. She gets her new retainer on June 7th.
Today she was in a school play. The fourth graders do this play about the beginnings of Texas every year. When Alex was in fourth grade at this school, he played a conquistador, a fairly minor part. He just remembers hating the hat he had to wear. Natalie tried out for a meatier role that involved singing. She ended up with two parts that involved singing in the center of the stage and actually had to change costumes between them. The musical/play itself is an entertaining look at Texas history with a number of fun jokes and songs designed to help the children learn about Texas history whether they planned to or not. Patrick and Eric got to go watch the play and at home tonight, I heard Eric talking about the song Natalie had to sing. He seemed to really like the song. Natalie said that she sang it for him before the play.
Speaking of Natalie and Eric, they're both sleeping in Natalie's bed tonight. Eric had an accident in his bed early this morning and we hadn't made his bed back up again when it was bedtime. I asked him if he wanted to sleep in Natalie's room in the bottom bunk and he said, "Yes." When I asked Natalie, she said that he could sleep in her bed. He was all over that, of course. I wanted so badly to play with my new lens and take a picture of them, but alas, even with that lens, the room was way too dark. Oh well, I'll have to take more pictures tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment