Last night we went to a ceremony of this year's summa cum laude graduating seniors at Anthony's school. The criteria for summa cum laude at his school is everyone who has an average of 100 or greater. There were 49 of them. Each graduate was tasked with choosing a teacher/counselor/administrator that most influenced their educational years. Anthony chose his Chemistry teacher (and advisor). The graduates had to right a short speech of 100 words or less describing how this person influenced them. Here is what he wrote:"Tonight, I would like to honor Ms. Felger for the incredible amount of commitment she has demonstrated for me and all her students. Throught the years, Ms. Felger has encouraged me ever onwards, becoming a driving, motivational force in my life. She did not assist me in any typical way; instead, she was always the guiding hand, leading me to my own path. She has helped me discover that I truly want with life, also providing me with the skills and knowledge to do so. I only wish I could give back to her everything she has given to me."
I'm just a little biased, but I thought not only was his speech one of the best, but his delivery as well. He even improvised a little and he definitely was not reading straight from his little piece of paper. He has worked hard to be better in public speaking and it shows. She gave him a homemade card with $20 in it awarding him as the "Felger Scholarship Recipient". The bottom also read, "Scholarship Conditions: Annual visit with Ms. Val Felger and continued enrollment in a school of higher learning." So sweet!
1 comment:
Well, that's just wonderful all the way around!
Post a Comment