Eric has loved the iPad game Angry Birds for a while, and when we got Angry Birds Star Wars, he was in heaven. He has been earning allowance for a year now, and he only spent some of it on the Lego watch he bought last year. The rest has been sitting in his drawer in his rather stuffed hand-me-down wallet. So, when Eric saw a toy called Angry Birds Star Wars Telepods Star Destroyer Set at Target a couple of weeks ago, I let him buy it. The retail price was $40, but it was on sale and we got it for about $25 after tax was included and after my Target RedCard 5% off.
Eric built this structure out of Jenga blocks, a structure something similar to the wooden structures that you are supposed to knock down in the classic Angry Birds game. He was so proud of it that he really wanted to show it to me this past weekend. He of course wanted me to take a picture to document his building. He used the launcher device to launch the telepods, just like in the game.
Telepods are sphere-like in shape, and look like the characters from the iPad/iPhone game. You can also use them to unlock those characters from the game, but Eric also likes to play with them on their own. They are almost always scattered about on his bedroom floor.
Later this past weekend, he used the Jenga blocks like beds for his telepods, to give the characters a place to "sleep". Here he is pretending to also sleep. I love it when he uses his imagination. His siblings don't show their imagination to me anymore, although I'm sure they use it in other ways, like in writing assignments for school. I also love that he still lets me take pictures of him and his toys. I know he'll stop allowing that in the near future, so I'm enjoying it while I can.


No comments:
Post a Comment