Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Activities

My weekend started with a day off on Friday, since I was on call for all of Saturday. As per the usual routine, I took Eric to the bus stop in the morning. Eric was in a funny mood, and not only did he feel like sitting down at the bus stop in the morning for whatever reason, but he also felt like clasping his hands together as if in prayer. He did something similar at church yesterday, but at church this is more normal.

After Eric was picked up by the bus, I took Natalie to Starbucks for breakfast. We used to go there together more often, usually before a swim meet, but of course we haven't had any of those for four months. She has done some swimming starting last week, so she is doing much better, but I'll have to write a whole update after she sees the sports medicine doctor this coming Wednesday. I'm crossing my fingers and saying some prayers that she'll be able to officially start swimming again.

Anthony's best friend Alejandro (on the far right) took his girlfriend Alexandra (middle) to her prom on Saturday. Anthony went with Alexandra's friend so they could go together. Apparently, Alexandra's friend wasn't that interested in going with Anthony, but at least Anthony got to hang out with Alejandro. They are really two peas in a pod. I asked him for pictures, but he thought putting the pictures on Facebook was good enough. I guess I should be happy with whatever I get, even if they are low resolution photos like this one. They are a good-looking trio, aren't they?

Eric had a baseball game on Saturday that I missed. He hit the ball for the second time during a game, and this time he made it to first base for the first time! I missed it because I was at work, but apparently he was very excited. Unfortunately he didn't repeat the performance on Sunday at the game I went to. He only has baseball practice left this coming Wednesday, and one baseball game left this coming Friday. He still hasn't found a sport that he really loves. He has said that he enjoys the baseball practices, but not the games. We might try some gymnastics and/or some karate this summer.

We had some thunderstorms and heavy rains last night and then for most of the day today. We had planned to go swimming today, but not with the thunderstorms. Going to the movies was perfect for a rainy day, though. Patrick, Natalie, Eric, and I went to see "X-Men: Days of Future Past" today. We would have taken Anthony, but he saw it last night with a friend of his. A couple friends of theirs work at a movie theatre, so they took the opportunity to see their friends and to see the movie. He wouldn't have minded seeing the movie again, but since he didn't get home until about 1am, he preferred to sleep.

We would have also taken Alex, but he was sleeping over at a friend's house. Anthony picked him up after we got home from the movie. He didn't tell me until later that we could have picked him up in the morning so he could see the movie, but of course he didn't tell us that before.

This afternoon, I made some stuffed jalapeƱos for dinner and Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars for dessert. After dinner we watched "Thor: The Dark World" with the whole family. We had offered up some other movie choices, but in the end, Anthony wanted to watch this movie since he had not seen it yet. We didn't get the outside time that we try to have on Memorial Day weekend, but at least we got the family time.

No comments: