My sister Melissa gave me this card. The front of it says, "Have a Happy Mother's Day, Sis, and Remember", and the inside is show in this photo. "Your kids will always think I'm cooler than you are." When Eric read this, he just smiled sweetly and didn't say anything. Natalie flat out said that she agreed with that statement. Anthony was the one that laughed and said, "Of course not, Mama!" I didn't realize that Alex had not read the card until just now. When I showed it to him, he said, "That's what you were talking about." I guess he had heard me saying something to the other kids but he didn't actually see the card until just now. He quietly shook his head and then said, "Of course not, Mama." Anthony and Alex have gotten so sweet! :)
Eric had a Mother's Day card in his school backpack that I discovered in there when I was cleaning it out on Sunday. I'll have to describe that one another time when I take a picture of it. I thought it was funny that he didn't remember making it.
A couple or so weeks ago, I mentioned to Patrick that if he wanted to get me something for Mother's Day, he could get me an umbrella that I had seen at Barnes and Noble when we were there a few weeks ago, or a bamboo lap desk that I had also seen at Barnes and Noble. We haven't made it a habit to get each other gifts for many, many years, but I seem to be getting more sentimental in recent years, so I at least give him some suggestions. He never gives ME any suggestions, although he is much easier to get presents for than I am. I wasn't sure if he would take my suggestions or not, since, like I stated, we haven't made it a habit to give each other anything for birthdays and other special occasions for many years.
So, when I found the huge gift bag sitting on the sofa, I was surprised. I thought at first that it was one of the gift bags for Eric's birthday gifts that have been empty but still in the living room for a month now, so I peeked inside to see if it was empty and then I planned to put it away. I was truly surprised when I saw the umbrella, but having seen the umbrella, I knew immediately that the gift bag must be for me! I didn't want a plain photo, so I had Eric hold the lap desk and balance the umbrella on his head for fun. He makes a cute model, doesn't he? :) Thanks to my loving husband for surprising me with these fabulous gifts! They're exactly what I wanted! ;)
The best gift was later, when Natalie had gone to bed early but the boys were still up and playing the game Soul Calibur IV on the PS3. Patrick took this picture because I was upstairs at the time. They all took turns playing each other, even Patrick. Eric looked like he was in absolute heaven, being able to play with his brothers AND his father. He had spent some time discussing Pokemon with Anthony earlier and showing him his new Pokemon books that his Aunt Melissa had given to him for his birthday. He has really been enjoying having Anthony home again.
I've been enjoying having Anthony home again also. I missed my baby boy. What perfect timing for him to be home for Mother's Day.



1 comment:
Ha!!!!! LOVE that card!
Post a Comment