I'm in Houston with three of the kids for a couple of days. I have enough photos already that I'm going to have to break up my photos from just today and post a few at a time in the next few days. My sister's company has a yearly party at the Museum of Natural Science in Houston, and she usually invites us all. I've never gotten to go before, because they always have it on a weekday and by the time we find out the date, my work schedule is already set. This time it worked out that I could leave work early today to drive to Houston with the kids. Patrick would have gone too, but Alex didn't want to miss PE Camp. He is volunteering at the PE Camp for his school this month.
We got to my sister Cynthia's house before 3:30pm. We hung around the house for less than two hours before we had to leave again to go to the museum. I definitely do not miss the traffic in the Houston area.
Of course, the first thing Eric sees is the dinosaur in the museum gift shop, and he has to stop and stare at it for a bit. This is a Hesperosaurus, which is apparently a type of Stegosaurus but the plates on its back were not as tall.
After that, Eric spent probably a good hour or so at the dinosaur exhibit. I never made it over to the dinosaur exhibit. He had gone there separately with Anthony when the rest of us were sitting down, having some snacks, and socializing. They served hot dogs with the fixings to include chili and cheese, tortilla chips, salsa, and queso. Cynthia fed us ahead of time, so we didn't worry too much about eating. My family hasn't been able to eat hot dogs since watching the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on the Fourth of July.
For some reason, Eric didn't want to go on the dinosaur ride they had there for kids, at least not at first. We were about to leave when he decided to get on the "Bronco-Saurus". Luckily by then, there wasn't much of a line any more.
We also had to exit through the gift shop where we had come in. He saw all of the dinosaur toys and we lost him for a bit. He enjoyed just looking at all of the figures, picking each one up and examining them. He wanted to get one of the T-Rex toys, but I convinced him that we didn't have to get it there. I might have to place an order at Amazon for that T-Rex soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment