I was reminded by my dear niece Emily that I haven't been posting on my blog lately, so here is a little something to tide her over until I can figure out what else to post about. :) By the way, Emily tried out for a club volleyball team and she made the team. Congratulations, Emily!Woohoo!
Patrick, Eric, and I made our first trip of the summer to our local Six Flags Fiesta Texas watermark on Thursday, July 11th. We've been too busy swimming in our neighborhood summer swim league (in June) and at our local gym to make the trek out to the water park, but I was off from work and it was a weekday and therefore less likely to be crowded, so we went.
Natalie did not come with us because she didn't want to go without taking a friend. Alex was volunteering at his school for the summer PE camp, so he was gone all day. Anthony had to work, so it was just Patrick, Eric, and me.
Eric wanted to stay in the kids' area, and he was having lots of fun, so we were fine with that. In the first picture above, he and Patrick are taking turns pushing down on their side of the water spout to make the water come out. Eric, of course, looks like he is really putting some effort into it. Besides playing with the water features, he played briefly in the climbing structure with lots of different water spouts spraying and dropping water everywhere. Mostly, he was content to play like he was engaging in Pokemon battles. I took a video of him doing the "waterwheel", which consisted of several consecutive sommersaults in the water.
Before we left, we went on the lazy river (not sure what they actually call it). Eric and I rode in a two-person inner tube (second picture above). I guided his end of the inner tube under each waterfall as we passed by them. He loved that. Patrick rode by himself.
This is the first time I've actually used my waterproof iPhone case the way it was meant to be used. I feel more confident with the case on my phone when I'm at swim meets and standing next to the swimming pool, but this is the first time I've actually taken it with me INTO the pool. It was tough to see the screen in the bright daylight, but it was worth it.



No comments:
Post a Comment