Friday, March 23, 2007

37 weeks

I was telling DH this morning that "it's starting to feel real". Of course he laughed and said that he's been feeling that all along. I meant that, between his putting the crib up this week and taking my last overnight call last night, etc., I finally feel that this birth is "impending"--like it can happen any time.

I'm also feeling the apprehension that I tend to feel at this time in my previous pregnancies. I think it's because we wait 3-4 years between kids. I feel like I forget a lot of little things. Sure, it'll all come back to me, but in the meantime I get a little apprehensive about the unknown--how the labor and delivery will be, how easy it will be to get this baby to nurse, how sleep deprived I'll get, etc.

I have this idea for a mini-album. I actually saw this idea a couple or so years ago. Someone made a small album where you could easily insert weekly 4x6 photos of the baby along with your little notes into little pockets, for a total of 52 pockets. I couldn't find an album like that, so I picked one that only has about 20 5x7 pages, so I'll have to add more. I'll have to make some modifications, but that's okay. Of course I haven't started this project, so, along with everything else I'm doing this weekend, I plan to start this. I've always had a hard time keeping up with all the baby milestones. I hope this way, I'll just document something weekly. This will be my last child, after all, and I want to remember every bit of this.

I'm at 37 weeks today--it's almost time! :)

1 comment:

Carolyn F said...

Only three more weeks? Wow! I bet you'll be an old hat in no time though!