DH and I are so blessed that all of our kids are smart and do well in school. Of course, it's not too taxing in PreK for DD yet, but she still got excellent marks. DS#1 got the "Golden Arrow" award again for straight A's, but this time he wasn't alone up there. A good friend of his got one, too.
Since it's Friday during Lent, DH grilled some salmon fillets that he had gotten at Costco. He just loves that place. Everyone ate well, even the kids. They really love fish and salmon is just one of their favorites.
I wanted to show the kids how proud I was of their great report cards by taking them to Baskin-Robbins after dinner tonight. My in-laws were here and expressed interest in going also. At first DH was going to stay and clean up after dinner but I convinced him to spend some time with the family instead.
DD got the Rainbow Sherbet, a very colorful concoction that she practically inhaled. DS#2 took the opportunity to be spoiled and got a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough shake. Grandpa convinced DS#1 to try one of his favorites--Chocolate Ice Cream Shake with some caramel sauce added in. Grandma wasn't going to have anything at first, but decided to try the kids' cup of the Caramel Turtle ice cream. I had the Jamoca Ice Cream in a sugar cone. DH actually passed up a chance to get ice cream. He never mixes milk products with wine, which is what he had with dinner. Grandpa paid for all of the treats, and he even showed how much he enjoyed his shake by spilling some down the front of his shirt. He claimed that there was a hole in his cup, but we all knew that whatever the reason, the spill was a sign that he really enjoyed himself. I was surprised that I didn't get anything on myself. That little shelf I have seems to always catch something. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment