Saturday, March 10, 2007

Maternity karate

Well, for those of you who asked, here is a photo of me in my karate uniform. Not a pretty sight, I know. Our karate school has really bad lighting for photos, but my friend went ahead and took this one of me yesterday. She also took a more closeup photo of my belt, which I don't want to show here since it has my last name embroidered on it. She's remarked on how she can see less and less of my name as the weeks have gone by. I usually double wrap my belt, and I could just single wrap it, but then it usually gets in my way, and I don't need another reason to get off balance at this point.

I don't think I've been doing anything too strenuous in class. We usually start by running laps around the room, but I've been speed-walking it instead for the last couple of months or so, because running makes my belly ache. Yesterday, we were asked to do as many push-ups as we could in one set. I had to rest after 25, mostly because when I try to push myself on those, I run the risk of losing control and my arms giving out and allowing me to fall. I didn't want to fall on the baby, so I was conservative. We also practice some jump kicks, but I, of course, omitted the jumping. The rest of the class was spent on doing our forms, so I got to move around but my heart rate didn't really get going. That was good, I guess, because I ate a slice of cheese pizza right before going to class. DH brought some home from school since they were selling them as a fundraiser and I was so hungry that I couldn't help it. ;) It didn't affect me at all.

Next week I have to work late on Friday, but I'll be at 36 weeks then, too. We'll see how long I keep going to karate...

9 comments:

Michele said...

You are so cute - It was nice to see a pic of you pregnant!!!

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

Are you kidding? You are absolutely adorable! Love that photo and I expect to see it scrapped very soon. ;)

Anonymous said...

You do so much more than I ever did when I was pregnant, and you have such a glow in your smile. Wow, it's getting so close. How exciting!

Jill said...

YOu are my hero! You look fantastic. I am so envious that you take such good care of yourself@

Anonymous said...

Oh melanie! You look so CUTE!!

Jana said...

You look cute! I didn't know they did maternity karate! At least I don't think they do in my area.

Pam Sivage said...

You look great Melanie!! Not much longer!!

The Mom said...

You look so great! I know the most strenuous thing I did while pregnant was go to Baskin Robins!! I am very impressed!!