Tuesday, October 09, 2007

6 months old

DS#3 is six months old today. He celebrated by getting three shots at his pediatrician's office. He was out of sorts starting last night to most of today. Here's to hoping he'll at least sleep well tonight.

We are a little worried about how small he seems and how slowly he seems to be growing (compared to his siblings), although we know he is growing. Well, he weighed in at 15 lbs. 10 oz. (20th percentile) and is 27 inches long (70th percentile). So maybe he'll be tall and skinny. I can handle that. :)

Yesterday, we didn't do a big celebration for DS#1's 12th birthday because he had school and then soccer practice in the evening. He did request a chocolate cake to snack on after school. I haven't baked a cake in a long while, but I dug out an old favorite, Coca-Cola Cake. I don't like icing, and this cake has marshmallows baked in for a nice sweet topping. Here is DS blowing out a candle on a piece of Coca-Cola Cake. (We only had one candle, so it seemed appropriate to cut a smaller piece of cake to put the candle on.) DD really seems like she wants to do the blowing, doesn't she? ;-)

No comments: