We're back from Disney! We all had so much fun! The older boys really enjoyed themselves on the rides. DD was in absolute heaven after meeting the princesses. The baby did very well on the plane (his first plane ride) and was so good most of the time, content to absorb the sights from his stroller. Of course, he did get carried a lot, but today he really just wanted to get out of that thing and play on the floor. We spent much of the time with another family who are really good friends of ours, so DH and I had fun being with them.We stayed at the Polynesian Resort. DH and I usually think that the hotel room doesn't matter,
since you don't spend that much time there, but we would definitely stay there again. The view from our room was spectacular (see right). I spent a couple of "early" nights with the baby there, as well as one early afternoon, so it was nice to be able to look out onto the water or see the fireworks from my window (see below). It was also very convenient to be able to either take a boat or ride the monorail straight to the Magic Kingdom. We also had an upgrade.
I'm not really sure how I booked it, and I'm sure we paid for it in the long run, but we had "free" daily continental breakfast, snacks and juice during the day (beer and wine were also available for "free"), heavy appetizers at night (like barbeque pork and vegetable egg rolls) and desserts and cordials later at night. This was great for the kids, because we would get back from a long day at one of the parks, and they would head straight to the lounge for cookies.I have so much to say but so little time to say it. I had hoped to blog daily from Disney, but internet access would have cost me $10 a day, and that just wasn't worth it for just a few minutes. I didn't even have time to watch TV or read anything while I was there. On arriving home, I told DH that a meteor could have hit the US and I wouldn't have known it. He merely said, "Isn't that great?" :)
This is my favorite photo of the almost 300 that I took at Disney. Aren't these two adorable? :)
6 comments:
All of the photos are great, but i agree, that last one is PRECIOUS!
I LOVE that photo! So glad you had a great time.
awesome pics, girl! i especially love the firwroks one. love that you can see the smoke!
Love the photos and it's great to have you back!
Welcome back home! Glad you had such a great time! The last photo IS adorable - so great that the baby will let you put hats on him. :)
Looking forward to more pics (300 of 'em - I guess you have a few good ones! ;)
I am such a disney freak!! I almost teared up thinking of all the fun and family time you all had at Disneyworld. Then I cried for sure when I saw where you stayed!!! LOL! What fun!!! Well worth the traveling to enjoy the time!!!
Post a Comment