Thursday, October 04, 2007

Spirit of Aloha

Tonight I'm going to describe the dinner show that we went to on our first night at Disney. The show is called The Spirit of Aloha and it is shown at the Polynesian Hotel. The show time was 8PM but even though we got there a half hour before the show, we still had to wait in this super-long line. The only thing that made it more fun was that we were in line with our friends. What was holding up the line was a "mandatory" photo. I already knew I didn't want the picture because DS#3 was asleep in his stroller and we didn't dare take him out of it. So, the family photo included the baby barely visible in his stroller.

We weren't able to sit with our friends, unfortunately, because we all had pre-assigned seating. We had made our reservations at different times. I must have made our reservation at a great time, because our table was right in front. This was great because, even though our kids were tired from the trip, they were right there in front of the action, so I think the show held their attention better. Unfortunately, DS#2 has this thing about "looking at girls". He had his back to the stage for most of the show! The only time we insisted that he look was when the act included the performer using fire as his prop. I took mostly video of this performer, but here's one I took of him twirling the stick with fire on each end.

Because we were so close to the stage, we caught DS#1 eyeing the dancing girl in her little costume. He noticed us looking at him and he smiled. We try not to tease him, but we're just trying to get used to our little boy growing up. I didn't get a great photo of him, though.

DD was being her shy self, and although she had talked about "learning how to dance" before the show started, she did NOT want to go on stage when they asked the kids to come up and learn how to do the hula. I walked with her up there, and she had the biggest frown on her face!

There was so much food--barbecue ribs and chicken. The dessert was this yummy dark chocolate mousse that was shaped like a volcano. We had a great waiter that kept the food coming. Our waiter also took one of the leis that they gave us and put it on the baby's head. He didn't seem to care, and I got this adorable photo!

The show ended past 10PM and we were all exhausted. I took the first shift back at our room and took a shower with DD while DH took the boys to the pool. DD was asleep within minutes of getting in bed, even with her brothers making noise in the room. We didn't all get into bed until almost midnight--tired but still very excited!

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Your pictures look so sweet!! Sounds like lots of fun!!

And the dessert volcano sounds yummy!!!! :)

Carolyn F said...

Sounds like it was a great night -- I don't know how y'all do it with four kids!!!