List your Christmas Season traditions. (Christmas Eve and Day traditions will be covered later.) Select one to describe in more detail, and take some photos to match. Do you have to get a family photo at this time, or do you have to get a photo of your kids with Santa? Do you have any special preparations at this time of year, whether it’s a cookie exchange or giving to some needy family?
We used to get a family photo every year at this time. This gave us a picture to use for our Christmas photo card plus a yearly glimpse at our growing family. When we had DD, she simply would not smile for strangers. We had such a tough time keeping her from frowning that it just wasn't worth the hassle. I started taking photos of just the kids from then on.
We've never really gotten photos of the kids with Santa. Neither DH nor I were ever willing to get in the long lines at the mall plus with the age differences in the children, there was almost always one that wouldn't tolerate sitting on a stranger's lap, even if it was Santa.
As for other activities at this time of year, I can't really think of any except for basketball games and soccer practices that are ongoing. We do usually get an angel from the angel tree at church and give presents to some needy family. I'm afraid that I'm skipping that this year just because I can't bear to do any more shopping! I promise I'll do better with that next year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment