What are your favorite things to eat during this time of year? List some reasons why each particular dish is one of your favorites. Does it evoke special memories? Is it only offered during the Christmas Holidays? Describe in more detail how to prepare your favorite dish or treat.
I don't think I have any one particular thing that I like to eat at this time of year. I just like that there are lots of goodies around to eat. That doesn't help me as far as losing weight, but it makes life fun. :)
Oh wait, I just remembered that I love those Danish cookies that come in a tin. It's a little silly, I know, because those are available year round and no one has to bake them especially for me, but I always associate those with this time of year. I remember when my mom's boss used to give her a gift certificate to Neiman Marcus every year. Everything there was usually too expensive, but they had those Danish cookies and they were affordable and we enjoyed them, so we always got them. I never realized until much later that you could buy them for much cheaper elsewhere.
I also fondly remember the Walker's Shortbread cookies that come in a red plaid tin. I remember the apartment where DH and I lived when we first got married. The landlord lived in that building too, and she gave us those shortbread cookies every year for Christmas. That was such a stressful time in our lives, and I remember how kind she was to us. We moved away soon after she passed away. She passed away so suddenly that I am still sad whenever I think of her.
Maybe as the holidays roll around, I'll remember some more. Food is one of those things that can really trigger memories for me!
1 comment:
My mom makes shortbread cookies every year. They're very yummy. It's one thing that I don't make, though.
Post a Comment