Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Wonder of Christmas

Ask your kids what Christmas means to them. I would suggest that you ask them separately and then maybe get them together with their answers. My kids tend to mimic each other when they’re together, but sometimes that will enable the younger ones to think of an answer they wouldn’t normally think of. If you don’t have children, then you may want to reminisce about your own childhood or you might want to write about the nieces or nephews or other young family members.

DD - "To get presents"
DS#2 - "We give gifts and it’s Jesus’ birthday"
DS#1 - "The birth of Jesus Christ and peace, I guess"

It's interesting the five-year old is all about the presents, the twelve-year old understands the more abstract meaning, and the eight-year old is smack dab in between. Oh, and the eight-month old just grinned and babbled a little. ;)

5 comments:

Catherine said...

It's interesting to see the differences in the different age groups, isn't it?

Anita said...

Haha. Love kids' responses!

SALTZWORKS said...

And what an Adorable grin that is there!!! Love that photo Melanie :)

Rachael said...

Awww, so cute!!

I love your header!!

Karen said...

I love this post!

Happy Holidays!