Saturday, February 09, 2008

Pinewood Derby 2008

DS#2 won the Pinewood Derby today!!! I didn't get to see it. :( They have a pretty high-tech system and unfortunately, they were having computer problems. After an hour of this, I had to leave for DD's Build-A-Teddy Tea party for Daisy Scouts, so I totally missed all the races! DS#2 was in the first heat and they re-ran that heat eight times before I had to leave. DD believed that DS#2 won EVERY race, because he won every race that SHE saw! :) They finally fixed the glitch but they didn't start the actual races until just after I left. :(

Yes! DH cut the block of wood, but DS#2 sanded it, painted it, and decorated it. He deserves all the credit! Oh, and the medal is for being first place in his Den. The trophy is winning first place over all!!! He told me that he lost only one heat in the whole competition, and that was to the "family winner". (They have a "just for fun" race for family members' cars.) He won the other three heats for that race! I was told by one of the other moms that he was VERY excited at winning the big trophy. I believe it! DH and I are so proud!

9 comments:

Monica K said...

Hooray! Are there pics of his car here? I wanna see!

Pam Sivage said...

Congrats!!on the big win!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Alex!!! That is SO awesome. I do hope you take a closeup of the winning speedy car too. Glad you got a pic of him w/ his winnings!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Congrats to him.

Laura said...

WOOHOOOO!!! How exciting! He looks pretty proud there! Sorry you missed it though Mel :(

Catherine said...

That's awesome! Man, I remember Pinewood Derby days. I think we even have a car or two around here somewhere.

The Mom said...

That is so cool!! Congrats to him!! My hubby can't wait for the boys to be old enough to be scouts!

Rachael said...

Woohoo!! Congrats to him!!! He looks so very proud!! :D