I haven't been inspired to blog this week, but I thought I would at least let my family know what we were up to this week.
Monday
--This was DD's first day at the Young Chef's Academy (9-noon from Mon-Thur). She was SO excited! She was telling me all about the dishes she had made and how she ate this one but not this one. The theme was International Cuisine in honor of the Olympic Games coming up.
--In the evening, DS#1 had his last swim meet. It wasn't as hot as the last one, because of cloud cover. DS#3 kept wanting to go into the water, so because of this plus the lateness of the day, DH took him home early, and DS#1 and I walked home after the meet. He wasn't feeling well at all but he wanted to finish out the meet. I think it was just a mixture of being overtired from his cousin's visit this weekend and environment allergies.
Tuesday
--DS#2's first day at golf camp (9-noon from Tues-Fri). I guess he enjoyed himself. He started talking about getting different golf clubs after one day!
--After DD's camp, which she is attending with friends of the family, she apparently didn't want to go home with DH. She wanted to go to her friends' house! Since those friends are doing both the cooking camp and the golf camp, DH works out a deal with drop-offs and pick-ups of children.
Wednesday
--After the camps, DH and the kids went to Sea World with some good friends. Apparently, DD was whooping it up on the rides. She even went on a "big" coaster called Journey to Atlantis. DH thought that maybe she was actually too short to go on it still, but they let her through and she loved it! She also went on another water ride and she was chanting that she wanted to get wet. She was actually laughing and cheering when she did get wet!
--In the afternoon/evening, we watched our tape of the Germany vs. Turkey European Cup Soccer game as a family. Later we watched that new "game show" Wipeout. We had fun with both, so it was a family "veg" in front of the TV kind of night.
Thursday
--DS#2 was all psyched that he saw Michael Finley, who plays for the San Antonio Spurs, at the golf course he had his golf camp at. He was also very proud when he told me that today he hit the golf ball farther than he had hit it before, although he didn't know exactly how far that was (he only knew how many poles away).
--DD brought home a very sugary concoction that she made at her cooking camp in honor of her last day. It involves putting chocolate and rice krispies in a cone and then covered with a fruit roll-up. Apparently it was supposed to be a "torch". She's been excited about it all week, but tonight, she really didn't want to eat it and chose ice cream instead!
--DH and DS#1 went to his soccer practice and then to their favorite--Scholtzky's for dinner. The middle two had take out McDonald's at home while I fed DS#3 with some "rice soup" that my Mom made for him this past Sunday.
Plans for Friday
--This will be the last day of DS#2's golf camp.
--In the evening, we will be attending the Pre-deployment party for a couple of my co-workers at the Department Chief's house. We'll probably have a decent time, but it will still be a "work" party, after all.
3 comments:
Sounds like a very busy week!! I love the idea of the young chefs school!
I thought summer was supposed to be the relaxing time! LOL!
I'm worn out just reading it! I know what you mean, though. The girls have such crazy schedules this summer I'm not even sure if we'll carve out any family vacation time!
Post a Comment