When I was younger, I remember my parents describing my younger sister as talkative. I also remember my mom telling me, after one of the first times DH met my parents, that he was rather chatty too. In other words, I don't know which side it comes from (probably DH's side *WINK*), but DD is quite the chatterbox. The last time my youngest sister and her kids were here, she heard her DD tell my DD to be quiet (she was trying to read). My boys are always telling DD to be quiet. Even DH gets tired of her constant chatter.
Yesterday, DD and I were shopping when she saw some Jibbitz (those are the decorations that people put in the holes of their Crocs). She was chatting about how there were soccer balls for her brothers and how they were only $7.99! :) A woman that was standing next to us looked at me, smiled, and told me that DD "talked like a 25-year-old" and that she had to do a double-take. I just laughed and told her about how DD will even ask, "Is it on sale?" Sometimes she'll even say, "It's on sale, Mama. Can I get it?" You see, I tend to tell her that I won't buy something if it's not on sale.
Then, there are the recurring themes. Remember the bubble tape conversation I had with DD that I blogged about HERE? Now, every time we go to Michael's, she'll see the bubble tape again and mention it. Recently, she asked if she could get bubble tape for her birthday. This just cracked me up so much that I had to tell her that if she didn't get bubble tape by her birthday, I would get her bubble tape for her birthday! Now, every time she sees bubble tape, she reminds me that I said that. ;-)
5 comments:
Too funny about the bubble tape!! I will make sure she gets some for her birthday!! Hee Hee!!!
It was great seeing you today!! Thanks for lunch and all!! We have to do it again soon!! So that our 1st graders can hang out again!! :)
LOL! The little elephant won't forget that bubble gum tape!
No way you're getting out of the bubble tape!
LOL about where the chatterbox part comes from. And I bet she gets lots of bubble tape soon!
Post a Comment