After I got home from work today, I took DD and DS#3 to the mall to go shopping. I took DD because she really wanted to go, and I took DS#3 for three reasons:
1. I have ongoing Mommy guilt and I didn't want to get home just to leave him again (he always greets me with a big hug when I get home).
2. I wanted to let DH get some stuff done that he wanted to get done.
3. DS#3 was just too cute to leave home.
Our first stop was Ann Taylor Loft, one of my favorite stores, because I had a 30% off coupon. ;-) As soon as we walked in, DD picked up a shirt and told me, "Why don't you get this one, Mama. It's nice." I looked at it and I wasn't that interested, but I was tickled that she was helping me shop. Later, I asked her for her opinion on a shirt I was trying on and she would either say, "That looks nice" or "That doesn't look nice". She was totally adorable! :)
You see, this all started a couple of weeks ago. We were shopping, and I wanted the shirt in one color, but she picked up the same shirt but in a different color and told me that she liked that one better. I went ahead and got the one that she liked! Ever since then, I've used her to resolve my indecisiveness. For those of you that know and love her, you know that she's quite opinionated! Well, today when I went into the dressing room for the second time, I saw that shirt that DD had pointed out initially, in the room I was in. I went ahead and tried it on just because it was there. I was a little surprised that I actually liked it. I decided that I'm going to have to ask for DD's opinion more often! :) Wouldn't you know it, that shirt must have been a favorite of a lot of other people, too. By the time we left the store about a half hour later, all of those shirts were gone from that rack at the front of the store!
As for the bubble tape, we were at Michael's checking out and she saw the bubble tape (bubble gum shaped like a roll of tape and rolled out just like tape). DH had refused her request to get bubble tape earlier when they were at the grocery store. She really wanted that bubble tape! She was quite upset that I wouldn't buy it for her. We don't usually let her chew gum, and she gets just enough in the various goody bags she gets from parties and school and such that we don't ever buy it for her. So, on the way home, she was chattering away about the bubble tape and she asked, "When I'm older and in college by myself, can I get bubble tape?" Eventually, this turned into the statement, "When I'm in college, I'm going to get bubble tape." She was cracking me up! I bet that if someone gave her bubble tape for her birthday coming up in August, she would be excited beyond words! ;-)
5 comments:
bubble tape, huh? I'll make a note of it for Aug. ;)
SO cute that she's helping you shop! I just hope that she'll appreciate your opinion when you help HER shop for her own clothes - LOL!
Now I know what to get her for her next birthday!! That is too cute!!
Awww! Isn't it funny how insightful kids can be. I sometimes let my kids tell me what they like best, too.
Bubble tape... don't get me started on that stuff. Mine will chew a whole roll in half an hour. They are on a Baby Bottle Pop kick right now and I often have to tell them to forget about it. That stuff is a sucker shaped like a nipple on top of this bottle filled with dipping sugar. 100% sugar crisis. You dip the nipple in the sugar like fun dip and it's hyper city here.
Bubble tape! My kids loved that and now my grandkids, especially the 6 yo loves that stuff! Sounds like a fun shopping day!
The bubble tape is way too funny. I don't like to let Shona chew gum, either, but she loves it. Maybe I'll tell her she can have it when she's in college. :) And too darn funny on the shopping!! I think your daughter has a future in personal shopping as a vocation.
Post a Comment