
I was surprised when we first checked in and they said, "You're with the group of 14, right?" Wow, I hadn't thought about that before, but yes, I guess we have 14 in my family now. How cool is that? If you can imagine that at my cousin's wedding a couple of weeks ago, we had a photo taken of my Mom's side of the family. Five of her brothers, their children, and their children's children were there. The photographer was amazed!
We had a fairly successful photo shoot today. DS#3 wasn't smiling in any of the photos, but at least he wasn't crying or frowning, so I was pretty happy with that, and most importantly, my Mom and Dad were both happy with how the photos came out. The photo above was one of the ones my parents now have framed and hopefully will soon have on their wall (thanks to DH!) along with one photo of my parents and their three daughters, and one photo of my parents and all of their grandkids. We tried to get a photo of just the grandkids, but my sisters and I weren't happy with the composition of those photos, although the kids looked okay in them. That means we'll have to try to get another photo of just the grandkids at some other time.
My Dad's party went well. We only used one candle for his cake, of course. I think 77 candles would have been a little too many! He looked SO happy being surrounded by his family singing "Happy Birthday" to him. My youngest sister's DD had made a little "scrapbook" of our trip to my cousin's wedding, and she presented that to my Dad. She's taking after her mother's footsteps! I'm just glad to see my parents both so happy! :)
5 comments:
What a beautiful family photo!
Your family photo is great!!
Happy 77th birthday to your dad. I'm sure it was the greatest gift ever to just be surrounded by his family!
The family photo is gorgeous!
What a wonderful family picture!!!!!
That's a great looking picture!!
Post a Comment