Sunday, September 21, 2008

Haircuts

Today was haircut day. DH got his hair cut a few days ago and meant for the boys to get their haircuts at around the same time, but it's been tough with all of the practices and activities. Anyway, after church, I was going to take the boys to get their haircuts.

I mentioned to DD about getting a trim because her ends were getting a bit scraggly. At first she didn't want to go, but then she decided that not only was she going to get her hair cut, but she was going to get it cut short, like chin-length. I have to admit that that statement made me pause. I decided that her hair grows fast and that she could always grow it back again. I did make her settle for shoulder-length, however, so we could still put it in a ponytail for dance and gymnastics. This was the before picture.

This was the after picture. It's in a ponytail here, but the hairdresser cut a good 6-8 inches off. I do think it looks cute, especially because it has a little natural wave and the shorter length and lighter weight brings that out a little more. DD is so excited about it. She keeps talking about how no one at school will probably notice, but at the same time, I just know that she's going to point it out to them! ;-)

Of course, with the older boys and DD leaving the house, DS#3 fussed at being left behind. What else could I do but take him along too? He is such a character when he sees the camera! I saw him swinging from a bar and I wanted to take a picture. He saw the camera and immediately gave me this cheesy little grin!

In the meantime, DH had some time alone at home, so he decided to clean out the hall closet and our closet and lots of other stuff. Wow, I should probably take the kids out more! :)

7 comments:

Lily said...

I bet she feels so much cooler with some of that hair cut off!

Anonymous said...

ooo - I want to see her from the front too - I bet she looks cute!
And while your DH is cleaning out your closets, you should remind him to get rid of a couple vacuum cleaners too. ;)
Love,
C

The Mom said...

I want to see the haircut from the front too!! She always looks cute!

Pam Sivage said...

The haircut looks really cute! even from the back.

Laura said...

DS#3 has such a cute cheesy smile. I hope he always has smiles for the camera!
DD's hair is so beautiful!! I bet she loves having a little less there but still enough to play with.

Laura said...

Oops, forgot...I love your new blog header photo of DS3 and DD. How cute!!

Emma said...

Wow - her hair was really long. Love the new cut though - you can really see the wave. DS#3 is adorable and I love the new banner photo.