Friday, September 19, 2008

Nooooo Wipeout!

Tonight, we're having "Wipeout" night. My family loves watching the reality show "Wipeout" and we had about 2 1/2 hours taped on the DVR. The show is so fun to watch together. The kids are constantly laughing, and DH and I enjoy the announcers' jokes. What can be even more hilarious is when DH and I laugh at the jokes and the kids don't have any idea why it's funny! :)

Earlier today, DS#3 was showing how well he knows how to say the word "No." DH said that he got a yogurt out of the fridge for DS#3 because he was sure DS#3 wanted the yogurt. Well, when he got the yogurt out, DS#3 said, "Noooo!" so DH put it back in the fridge, at which point DS#3 started crying! DH took the yogurt out again and DS ate it happily. When I got home from work, DS#3 took me to the pantry and started pointing to things. DS said "No" to everything I held up. I finally settled on some Goldfish crackers and he happily sat down at the table. I really wasn't sure until I set him down on the chair and he didn't cry. Once again, I can say that we can't always tell what DS wants, but we usually know what he doesn't want!

7 comments:

Lily said...

How fun that you guys watch it together. My kids went through that no stage also. Made me crazy!

Catherine said...

Isn't it fun to try to recognize the budding language?

Lynne said...

We watch that show occasionally too. DH likes to see people fall off the big balls. LOL!

Laura said...

We laugh so hard at that show. I was sad to see it is over for the season.
Ah yes, the infamous "no" from a youngster. Good luck deciphering the real no from the "yes" "no".

Pam Sivage said...

We have watched that a few times, it is really funny.
It is fun to watch their language develop.

scrappermimi said...

My kiddos love the show too, I think the hosts are so funny! They make it even better!

Emma said...

I've never seen that show - but it sounds fun! Good luck working out what DS#3 wants :)