Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Role Reversal

I did this page a while ago. These photos were taken in 2004. DD was NOT happy to be on that horse and she was NOT happy to have her picture taken. On the other hand, look how cooperative DS#2 was. We didn't used to have problems with him smiling for the camera. I may be biased, but I've always thought he was very photogenic.

This is a page I just finished today. This photo was taken around the same time. DD actually almost smiled. This girl is the reason why I didn't have any professional family photos taken around this time. *SIGH* She is ADORABLE, though. :)

Compare the photos on these two pages to this following photo taken today. Notice how DS#2 is not even trying to smile. Notice how everyone else is smiling including that former non-smiler (DD)? *SIGH* I had a little talk with him tonight about smiling for Mama's photos. We'll see if he actually remembers our talk the next time I take a photo.

In other news, I took this photo because my dear sister and her family left my town today and they headed back home. The power has apparently been restored at their house, and they are anxious to be at their own house, even though school is apparently still closed until Friday. It was really nice for me to have them here. I wish you lived closer, Sis! :)

8 comments:

Jules said...

That is too funny. What happened to his cheesy grin? And poor dd...did she scare the pony?

Cute photo of them all together and glad sis's power is back on.

Lily said...

rofl at you tale of the miling vs not...kids, they make us crazy, don't they. Tyler went from smiling at the drop of a hat to not smiling to cheesy fake grin. Madison has never been much of a smiler

The Mom said...

It was great seeing you today and I was so happy to get to meet your sister too!!

At least your non smilers still look at the camera!!

scrappermimi said...

Such great LO's! I just love how you laced the first one, perfect for the horse LO.

Catherine said...

LOL! That's so funny! Darn kids anyway....

Pam Sivage said...

Love the lacing on the layout! Know Cynthia was glad to get home.

Laura said...

Well that's a total switch in the kids! LOL
That's a great photo of all of them!

Emma said...

Gorgeous layouts - and even if DS#2 isn't smiling - still a great group shot. Glad your sister gets to go home.