Sunday, November 30, 2008
Advent Calendars
I bought these advent calendars yesterday (the tree shaped ones in the link). I was originally going to buy them just for DD and DS#3 but then DD was with me and asked if we were getting four of them and I started feeling guilty. I wasn't sure if the older two would like them. I shouldn't have worried. I brought them home and I let each child keep their tree in their room (except for DS#3, of course). To prevent an insect infestation, I required them to eat their chocolate in the kitchen. They were all excited about the thought of having that treat every day until Christmas. Of course, if they don't know what day it is, they'll eat them a day early. DS#1 didn't realize that today is the 30th of November and he had his first piece of chocolate today. Tomorrow, I'll take a photo of the others eating their chocolate. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I saw some similar calendars at Target, but stopped myself because we already have 4 Xmas "countdowns" - but they don't have chocolate like these! Great idea to have one for each of the kids. (If I bought one, could I still use Halloween candy in the slots, so that we could finally get rid of it all?? ;)
you know, i've never once used an advent calendar
I remember seeing those when I was at the store a few weeks ago. Very cute!
Sounds like fun!
These are so cute! Fun idea!
Karen
Those are such cute advent calendars!
Post a Comment