Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Meeting Some Goals

Today, I was supposed to finish up some Christmas shopping. I'm so close to finishing that I'm getting excited about Christmas already. Instead, I decided to take some creative time and finish up some scrapbook pages using some really old photos that have been sitting on my desk for years, literally. These were what I call "fast" pages. I just wanted to get these photos in an album. I didn't spend too much time on design or being artsy.

I'm still plugging away at my 2002 photos. This one has photos from my Dad's 71st birthday "party". We were already in Houston for my nephew's birthday party and my family decided to also throw me a small "baby shower", too. I hadn't expected anything since I was pregnant with my third child, so it was a really nice surprise, plus I got some girly gifts!

This one has photos from when some friends were visiting and we took them to the nearby Natural Bridge Caverns. I didn't get to go on this trip, but I still had to scrap the photos. Nothing special about these pages from a creative point of view, but I did get some photos out of the way and I'm almost completely done with my October 2008 Studio Calico kit!

This one has photos of my niece (and goddaughter). She was the first granddaughter on our side of the family. She's still a beautiful girl, but wasn't she the cutest baby?

With this page, I'm finally done with the photos from when these friends visited us in 2002! Yay me! They've since moved to Ohio from Texas. It's too bad, because we don't see them at all anymore.

Last but not least, with this page, I'm finally done with the photos of my nephew's third birthday weekend! Yay me! I still have a few 2002 photos to scrap, but I'm so close to finishing now! :)

7 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so happy for you that you are crusing through these older photos. What a terrific goal.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your entire family!

Pam Sivage said...

Good for you, getting these done, and they look great!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Lily said...

layouts looks great. kudos to you for getting them done. happy thanksgiving!

Catherine said...

Woohoo!!!! WTG getting these layouts finished off! They look really wonderful!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Dang, Melanie, you HAVE been busy! WTG - and the LOs all look great. (You really rocked the SC kit - glad it paid off for you!)

Laura said...

Wow that's so awesome you got all those pages done and they look awesome!!! It's fun seeing the kids so little again!

Helmka Family said...

Fabulous layouts! wtg getting those older photos scrapped!
TFS!
karen