DS#1 played in two more soccer games today. He and DH left the house around 6:30AM this morning so he could make it to his team warmup before the game. They came home in between games to pick up the rest of us. Our visitors went to the River Walk area to have some fun while we were at the soccer game.This is one of a few photos I took today. There were some better ones, but at least in this one, I didn't have to blur out a bunch of other faces. Look at those long, muscular legs! They actually won both of their games today (both 1-0). Those are the only games they've won this season, so it was a very welcome change. We're hoping for the best next year!
Poor DS#3 has been carted around the last two days and hasn't been on the same schedule. Because of our houseguests, he hasn't been getting to bed until 8:30ish, which is an hour past his usual bedtime. He was happy enough at the soccer game. He was even "singing" while playing with his little truck at one point. At least he was able to get a good two-hour plus nap today, although DH had to spend two hours getting him to nap. He was very energetic for most of dinner but at least he was enjoying himself and that allowed us to enjoy ourselves too.
We went to DH's favorite restaurant tonight, El Mirasol. Our guests request this place whenever they come to visit--it's that good. :) We went to our favorite ice cream shoppe, Brindles, for dessert--another request. I took this photo today at soccer. I realized that I don't post too many photos of DH. Isn't he a cutie--especially because he took DD to the concession stand so I could watch the game. DS#3 started following him so it was a family parade to the concession stand. Yes, I'm afraid my kids are well-behaved at games sometimes because we feed them so they stay happy. Whatever works! :)
4 comments:
Oh! I remember those days of all day soccer! Glad he won those games, that always helps the spirit.
Holy cow, DS#1 is looking so grown up!
Your oldest is so grown up, and he looks like a pro!
DS3 looks right at home at the soccer game.
Congrats on the wins! Great photos!
Karen
Post a Comment