Friday, February 13, 2009

Boys and Video Games

Today, I was thinking about how I'm always running to catch the bus at work. I usually run in the morning because one time, I ran to the bus but when I got to the door, I was told that the bus was full and so I wasn't allowed to get on. I was really bummed about this even though there was another bus that drove up just as the one that shut me out was leaving. The difference was probably only about five minutes, because that next bus filled up pretty quickly so we were then on our way to the hospital, but I was still bummed.

In the afternoon, I usually run to catch the bus back out to the parking lot because I'm afraid of being left behind once again. A difference of five minutes at the end of the day sometimes means waiting a bit longer in traffic, and frankly, I'm tired at the end of the day and I just want to get home. I don't even stop off anywhere on the way home from work anymore because I just want to get home.

This afternoon, I managed to get home from work just as the kids were getting home from the bus stop. We had almost twice the usual number of kids at our house today, because the older ones each had a friend come over to play. DS#1's friend A was dropped off by his mom because he goes to a different school, the school the kids all went to last year. He gets to stay here overnight.

I saw this sight in the gameroom this evening. I think it's hilarious how all four boys are looking so intently at the TV and DS#3 even has his hand resting on DS#1's knee. I remember when, after spending the night with us and especially with DS#3, A went home and told his parents that he wanted a baby brother. His dad joked with DH about the ideas that we were putting into his son's head!

Sometimes the boys let DS#3 hold one of the controllers that isn't attached so he can press the buttons as if he is "playing" too. He just looks natural with that controller, doesn't he? ;-) After I took this picture, DS#1 must have scored really well or something, because he said "Yeah!" and held up his hand for DS#3 to give him a "high five" which DS#3 did. DS#3 then turned towards A, held up HIS hand and said "Hi Fi" so that A would give HIM a "high five"! Too cute!

Later, DH was going to give the boys a 5-minute warning before they had to stop playing. I went to the gameroom and found DH himself playing with DS#1. I said, "I thought you were giving them a "5-minute warning"? He replied, "I did, only I'm not wearing a watch." Okay, so I guess I have a big boy that loves to play video games, too!

6 comments:

The Mom said...

HMMM this looks and sounds very familiar. I wonder where I have seen looks like that before? OH YEAH, my house!! Evan also likes to get to hold onto a controller to pretend to play.

Cute pictures!!

Jules said...

ROFL...that 2nd photo is hilarious!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

His bros. are training him, all right! :D Too funny about Patrick - boys and their toys!!

Laura said...

LOL Love how they all concentrate so hard. I can just see your dh joining in!

Catherine said...

Your DH's comment about no watch is hilarious!

Anita said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww what adorable pics! It's not just boys, though. Shona is becoming a game-aholic! I have to limit her time playing. Katy could be bad, too, if she were ever home.