Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

In college, I used to meet a couple of friends at IHOP on some Friday mornings. I always got the short stack of blueberry pancakes. That is a fond memory, so even now, I love going to IHOP once in a while, and I still get the same thing every time. DH says that he prefers my pancakes, so almost every Saturday morning, I make pancakes and turkey bacon for the family. Yesterday, I begged DH if we could go to IHOP today, and he agreed. Oh happy day!

I got my usual. DH, DS#1, and his friend A all got chocolate chip pancakes. DD got the Funny Face chocolate chip kids' pancake. DS#2 got the strawberry banana pancakes. He had the option to order two or four. DH and I really wanted him to get the two, but he insisted on getting the four. When we asked him if he was really going to be able to eat all four, he said that he could, although he did mention possibly needing help. Still, he insisted that he should get four. Well, in the end, he really only ate the equivalent of a little more than two and said that he was "tired of the taste of strawberry banana pancake". *SIGH* It's too hard to argue with him. Instead I decided that I had to take a picture of him to remember this time.

DS#3 was pretty mellow this morning. He slept until around 8AM, which is late for him. He didn't fuss although we didn't actually get to eat until closer to 10AM. I gave him some of DD's chocolate chip pancake since she never finishes the whole thing. That was okay for a little while until he insisted on having some of my beloved blueberry pancake. I don't know how he could get so messy even with me feeding him, but he did. He also ate a little of DS#2's strawberry banana pancakes since I was sure he wasn't going to finish either. I was trying to hold him off of eating all of mine. ;-)

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. DS#1's friend stayed until DH took him home around 2PM. I got to nap for a bit in the morning after we got back from IHOP. DD and DS#2 played with a succession of their friends. DS#3 actually climbed into bed with me around 1PM. He didn't sleep right away--it took about 20 minutes, but he willingly accepted his "babas". DH grilled steaks for dinner. In all, it was a very nice Valentine's Day for all of us. Happy Valentine's Day for all of you! :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a nice day Melanie!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Catherine said...

What a nice Valentine's Day for your family!

The Mom said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day!! Happy Belated Valentine's Day to you!