Patrick had to drive Anthony to Corpus Christi for a club soccer game today. That's five hours total round trip! We decided that dragging the other kids along would make a long trip even longer, so I stayed home with them. It was such a beautiful day again that I decided to take them to Sea World for their opening weekend. This sign was located near the front entrance that people can measure themselves on to see if they're tall enough for certain rides. This will be a great way to track their yearly growth. I'll have to compare it to last year's picture.
Don't look, Papa! Patrick really hates cotton candy and doesn't ever want the kids to have any. It was only $3 and Natalie really wanted some, so I indulged her. Surprisingly, Alex and Eric didn't want any, in fact, Eric made a little face when his sister tried to share with him.
While Natalie was busy with her cotton candy, Alex helped his baby brother do some climbing. After the first time or so, Eric did very well climbing on his own. There were lots of tubes and stairs to climb as well as a few slides to ride. I was hoping to tire Eric out so he would get a good nap and he did!
We didn't see any shows, just mainly walked around. We stopped at this one kiosk that was selling hats. Eric saw this Nemo hat that I thought was a regular stuffed toy at first, until Natalie pointed out the elastic portion. I was even more surprised that Eric wanted to put it on. I almost bought it just because it was such a funny hat that he looked adorable in, but in the end I decided that this picture would suffice.Patrick and Anthony were gone from about 9:30AM to 5PM. Anthony's team won 2-1 but his coach seems to either hold him to a higher standard or not like him because he was pulled out of the game abruptly in the second half. It wasn't even time to substitute so his team played short for a few minutes. Patrick will hopefully tell the rest of the story on his blog. At least the drive back and forth was uneventful and they won the game, so despite this one thing, we all had a pretty decent day.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a fun relaxing weekend! That hat is too cute!!
The hat is so funny! And I'm afraid I have to go with your DH on the cotton candy. It gives me the willies just looking at it....sort of a fingernails on the blackboard thing for me...lol!
Post a Comment