Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter and Birthday Shopping

I love being able to spend time with this adorable little boy. Here he is holding his new toy. I was shopping for his birthday at the local Toy Zone. I had finished buying him some wooden trains and a Lego James set (from the Thomas and Friends show), all without his knowledge. He had been happily playing with the store's trains and train table. He didn't want to leave, of course. He saw this stuffed James and since I had already seen this and thought about buying it, he easily convinced me to buy it for him. When I said, "Do you want to take a nap today with James?" and he said, "Yes", I knew that this new toy was worth every penny. He went to bed with it this evening too. :)

Earlier in the morning, I also took him to Target and Michael's to get Easter basket stuff for the kids. Eric was a good shopper. Even though he did want to walk alongside the cart and not ride in the cart, he kept up with me and went where I wanted yo go. We got a lot done and Patrick got to exercise in peace. I had the late shift at work but I got to go home early, so I also got to be there to put the kids in bed. This was a great day. :)

No comments: