Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting at Church School

Patrick and I did switcheroo of our roles again today. He went to Anthony's soccer game and I took the kids to Alex's guitar lesson, church school, and then Natalie's soccer practice. Today was the day when Natalie was supposed to have her "interview" before getting First Communion. I'm not sure what the purpose of this was except to make sure her parents are praying and going to church with her. Also, the lady was checking up on us to make sure we were going over the First Communion lessons we're supposed to do at home. We haven't started the book yet.

Natalie was in her silly mood during her interview despite my threatening her to calm down and be serious. This whole "interview" thing was very inconvenient for me because I didn't know how long this was going to take ahead of time or when exactly they were going to be doing this. I wasn't sure if Natalie would have enough time to eat after class and before soccer, so I went ahead and picked up some Chick-Fil-A on the way from Alex's guitar lesson and we ate early.

Eric was good for me at least. He sat quietly during the interview and he played nicely while we waited for class to finish. Here he is laying in the grass after purposely falling and landing in the grass. He kept doing that and then, just to make sure I was watching, he would tell me, "Mama, I fall down." Here he is also probably saying, "I'm lying down in the gas (grass)." He would keep saying that until I responded verbally in some way and looked at him. He was quite a distance away--this photo was taken with my 12x zoom all the way zoomed plus I cropped the photo after uploading it to the computer.

While Eric was being good, Alex and Natalie were constantly bickering. Ugh! Those two give me a headache when they do that. I need to remember that the next time Patrick and I do a switcheroo!

No comments: