Anthony had two games in New Braunfels yesterday, which is around 45 minutes from our house. I was off from work yesterday, so Patrick was able to go to the games while I stayed to cart the kids around. First we went to Natalie's piano lesson. Then we went to a neighbor's house to pick up Alex. He had Media Club after school and got picked up by his friend's parents. We didn't get home until after 5PM so he insisted that it was too late to eat before soccer practice. He was actually rather grouchy, but that's a subject for another time.

After a hurried dinner where I ate standing up at the counter, we left the house again by 5:30PM to take Alex to soccer practice. We dropped him off and went directly to Target where we always hit the Dollar Spot first. First, Eric wanted to wear the pink bunny ears headband--not the white or the purple but the PINK one. Then he saw the yellow flower headband and he wanted that instead. Natalie found some car stickers and of course he wanted that instead. Finally, he found this car. He agreed to put the car stickers back in favor of this car. I decided that I needed to document this with a picture so I told him to put the car near his face so I could get a picture. The next thing I knew, he had jammed the car box up right onto his face gave me his cheesy smile. I laughed out loud because he was SO cute. :)

During most of the rest of the shopping trip, he didn't want to sit IN the cart, he wanted to sit UNDER the cart. I gave him a lollipop and he was happily sucking away while I filled my cart with far more stuff than was on my original shopping list. Natalie in the meantime helped me find the essential items on my list, as well as a swimsuit for herself. She also made a side trip through the shoes, just in case there were any shoes she might like. When we were done, we had bought over $100 worth of stuff! Target is a very dangerous store. *WINK*

When we got back to the soccer fields, the two of them still had lots of energy. They had this routine where Natalie would bump her tummy against Eric's side. He would fall down with his arms and legs spread out on the grass and she would step over him and pretend to fall on top of him. They were both laughing and giggling like they were having the most wonderful time ever. These two get along so well and they seem so close (most of the time) that it makes Patrick and I very happy. :)
1 comment:
I can never go to Target without getting more than what's on my list...
Post a Comment