Today was a beautiful day. I got to go to the gym with Patrick and Eric. Eric was so cute running to the child care area at the gym. As soon as he got in there, he got some hand sanitizer from the automatic dispenser, rubbed it in, then proceeded to almost break down the locked barrier until they let him in. He was excited to be going there! After going home to take showers, we went to Piatti's Restaurant and Bar, located in the Quarry Market shopping area. Eric loved the calamari, although he referred to it as "chicken". That was just the appetizer, but he was full after that, so he kept busy looking at the flowers and birds in the outside seating area while Patrick and I ate our meals. Eating out is a wonderful indulgence, and Patrick and I like to do that when I'm off from work.At home, Eric showed me how much he needed a nap when I was changing his diaper. Patrick left to go to the bank, and as Eric heard the garage door open and close, he suddenly burst into tears. He cried out, "Papa!" and would not calm down when I reassured him that Patrick would be right back. So, we spent a good portion of the afternoon in bed. Taking naps is definitely an indulgence that I try to get whenever I can. I especially love taking naps with Eric because I love looking at him when he's sleeping.
When they kids got home from school, Alex played outside with one of his friends, and Natalie practiced piano. Despite a little reluctance from her, we managed to get through one of her pieces that she is supposed to memorize for "Achievement Auditions" in mid-April. I couldn't believe that she didn't know the notes already, and I was tough on her. She ended up playing for over an hour. I had already promised her at the beginning of the week that if she didn't "move her clip" at school all week, I would take her to get her nails done today. She's been consistently "moving her clip" once a week for the past few weeks. Taking away privileges weren't working, so I tried giving her a reward this week. She may have had a good week anyway, but I want to think that the positive reinforcement worked.
I forgot my camera at home, so I'll just have to describe the image. When she was getting her toenails done, she was short enough that she had to practically lie down to get her feet to reach the footrest. That girl LOVES to get her nails done. I reminded her that I was over 40 before I ever had a manicure and pedicure, and she's had three since she turned 7. That doesn't even count when she had the Libby Lu and Disney Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique "makeovers" she's had at age 6 and 7. That girl is definitely indulged!
Tomorrow morning we have to finish packing and go to soccer games for Anthony and Alex. We're leaving for Denver in the late afternoon and then spending a week with the grandparents. Taking vacations is an indulgence I hope we'll always have the time and money for. I'll try to post from there, but I may have to add pictures later since my internet will be limited. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment