Monday, January 02, 2012

2012 Title Page

Here's the page with all of their handprints that we completed today. You can click on the picture to make it bigger but in case you still can't see the numbers, here are the vital stats or each child: Anthony 71 in. 138 lbs., Alex 66 1/4 in. 121 lbs., Natalie 53 1/4 in., 65 lbs., Eric 40 1/2 in. 33.5 lbs. Alex has grown the most this past year at about 4 inches and 25 pounds. Anthony basically stayed the same height and weight. It was funny but they boys insisted on measuring Patrick also. He is only 67 inches instead of the 68 inches that he has always said he measured at in high school. I don't think he's shrinking yet, so I'm sure they measured wrong before. One thing is for sure, Alex will make up that inch sometime soon--but not soon enough for him. ;)

I did a little more crafting today too. I got this idea from the eighteen25 blog to make books out of my Christmas cards. They even included a free download for the cover. All I did was print that out, adhere it to some chipboard, punch holes, and then put everything on some binder rings. I did also put some pretty Christmas patterned paper inside the covers. When I'm sure we aren't getting any more cards, I'll switch out the binder rings to ribbon. I love this idea because I love all the Christmas cards that I get and I want to keep them. I tried cutting them up and saving the pictures one year, but I that excluded all the ones without pictures, plus I like to keep the Christmas letters that come with them too. Yes, I love reading all of those and keeping up with friends and family that I never get to see. I included our Christmas card as the first one in the stack.

No I need to include a paragraph on our comings and goings today for the benefit of the grandparents. We started out the morning with dentist appointments for the whole family. Patrick left first with the two youngest for an 8:30am appointment. It was tough getting Alex up at that time, so we went later. Anthony had gotten up on his own already. With all of us we didn't finish until about 10:30am. We went to lunch at Chipotle, one of the boys' favorite places, and the rest of the afternoon the kiddos played at home--the big boys on the PS3, Natalie outside, and Eric with his cars. It's been nice spending so much time with the family these last couple of weeks. It's back to school tomorrow. I go back to work on Wednesday.

No comments: