The kids got their report cards today. I clumped the kids' report cards together in this picture so I wouldn't have to open up Photoshop to blur our last name and address. The top one is Anthony's, then Alex's, and Natalie's down at the bottom.
Anthony has some very challenging classes but I found it interesting that his lowest grade is in Spanish. He says that all his teachers love him, except for his Spanish teacher. He also has an extra "comment code" next to AP Physics which means "achievement is outstanding". I found this interesting since he has his second lowest grade in that class. That teacher has a reputation for being tough and I know that Anthony is able to rise to that challenge.
Alex did a great job pulling up all his grades in the second part of the semester. He even pulled up his grade in English despite a teacher he doesn't get along with. I'm proud of him for that. He still complains about her, but he tolerates her now and he doesn't let it affect his work. He has extra comment codes in Science which stand for "achievement is outstanding", "effort is commendable", and "exhibits positive attitude". He also got awards for the highest grade in Math and one of the top grades in Texas History.
Natalie is doing well too, but Patrick and I had to make a comment to her about how she got "satisfactory" in Music and Conduct whereas she got "excellent" grades in the others. She told us that she's been trying not to talk so much. ;)
Anthony had his first soccer game this year on Thursday when his high school team had some scrimmages with another school. That basically means that the teams were practicing against another team and that the score doesn't count. Patrick was there since I was with the little ones at the gym for Natalie's swim team. He said that he thought Anthony did very well. We weren't completely sure whether or not Anthony would be on the Varsity team this year, but so far it looks good. That means that on most Tuesdays and Fridays for the next two months, he'll have soccer games (at 7pm). That should be "fun" for us to work into our schedule of taking Natalie to swim team practice at 5:30 and Alex to soccer practice at 7:30. Luckily, Anthony's club soccer won't have practices yet since most of the boys will be playing high school soccer also.
Yesterday I took Eric swimming at the gym instead of leaving him at home with Alex. He missed his swimming lesson on Wednesday because his teacher was on vacation and the substitute didn't show up. He was a very disappointed boy but he consoled himself with some Spicy Chicken Nuggets and a Vanilla Frosty at Wendy's with Papa. We only got to swim for about half an hour until they called an "adult swim" period. I didn't realize they were going to do that. When I tried to distract him by asking him if he had fun swimming he replied, "I didn't have fun only swimming for a short time." I told him that he could have an ice cream bar when we got home and he liked that idea. I gave him a shower there and dressed him in his pajamas already so it was much easier when we got home.
Tomorrow is a "free" day but Patrick plans for us to do our yearly cleanup at home. We have tickets to see "Les Miserables" at the Majestic tomorrow night so that part should be fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment