Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome 2012!

I took this picture today with a lot of complaints from the kiddos. I've taken a picture like this for the past few years on and around the new year and we weigh and measure the kids also. I plan on putting this on a page with their handprints again, as in previous years. It's nice to see how they're growing, especially the little ones that seem to be so small. Hopefully I'll be posting that page in the next few days.

We had a low key New Year's Day just like our New Year's Eve, mostly spent at home. Patrick took Anthony to exchange the laptop he received for Christmas because of a defect in the screen that just popped up yesterday. Apparently the return lines were super long at Best Buy.

I took Alex to North Star Mall to get some jeans. The size 14s at Gap Kids(the size of his current pair) were too small so we went to the "regular" Gap. I bought him men's jeans for the first time. Gasp! At least we found some jeans that fit, but men's jeans are more expensive than boy's jeans. Luckily I found two pairs that were on sale for $35, down from $70.

After our respective shopping trips, we went out for ice cream at Brindles. We don't get to go there much anymore. After Brindles, we went to the Half-Price Books next door. The rest of the evening we spent at home either playing video games, watching the TV show "Grimm" as a family, or watching football. We had frozen pizza for dinner. It felt like we were back to our old routine.

We have one more day of vacation for the kiddos and then it's back to all their activities.

No comments: