Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Back to School After the New Year

Yesterday was the first day back to school for the kiddos. Natalie took the bus, Patrick took the boys (with the carpool), and I took Eric. Before I took Eric to school though, I took him to "Starbox" (I love the way he pronounces "Starbucks").

On New Year's Eve, when we told him that Grandma wanted to go to the Magnolia Pancake Haus, he said he wanted to go to "Starbox". He got very upset when we said that we weren't going to Starbucks. I promised him that I would take him some other time. It was an excuse for me to go, but he loves it so much that I enjoy taking him. He had his usual blueberry scone and Strawberries and Creme Frappucino with whipped cream on top. He seems to enjoy the whipped cream, even though he tends to tire of the drink before he gets anywhere close to eating the whipped cream. It was a cold morning (30s) so his hands got cold as he held his cold drink. He had the rest of his drink during his snack yesterday afternoon.

 The rest of the day, Patrick and I ran some errands, had lunch at Panera Bread, and I made brownies for the kiddos. We settled into our Tuesday routine minus the club soccer practices which start next week. Alex only had a little bit of homework followed by iPod Touch time. Anthony had high school soccer practice until 6pm. Natalie had swim team at 5:30pm. We went to Dollar Scoop Tuesday after swim team. This time Anthony had enough of the brownies that he didn't feel like getting ice cream too, so Alex, Eric, Natalie, and I went for ice cream.

 Today was my first day back at work. I really enjoyed spending lots of time with the family these last two weeks. As one colleague described going back to work, I spent enough time with them that I really missed them today, especially that nice little breakfast with Eric.

No comments: