It's so good to see Natalie smiling! She had just taken a shower and she came down to the kitchen to have some of the Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread that I had just taken out of the oven. A week or two ago I had made "regular" Banana Bread with chocolate chips--a recipe that I had gotten from my mom. Alex loved it, as he loves anything with banana and chocolate. Natalie merely said that she "liked Aunt Cynthia's better" and also added that Aunt Cynthia's recipe is "more chocolatey". Natalie is all about chocolate. So, I got the recipe from my sister, and I made it today.
Natalie has been so sad lately. She really wants to swim again. She hasn't been able to see her friends either. To top it off, we are going skiing and if her back isn't better, she can't ski.
She's at least had one little distraction this week. Her friend Margot is very interested in a local BASIS Charter School. They are supposed to have more challenging classes and apparently a large amount of homework goes with that. The brother of one of Alex's old soccer teammates goes there, and Patrick called his mom to find out about the school. Natalie came home very excited on Tuesday and she said that she "really wanted to go" to this new school.
Patrick took her to the info session on Wednesday. We're a little afraid that she would be taking on too much along with swimming two hours every night, but she's bored in school now. Every time I ask her if she likes school she says, "It's boring." When Alex chose a tougher school for middle school, he was very excited about it and really wanted to go. We want Natalie to be excited about school too. We'll put her on the list for now, and then we'll see if we'll actually go.

No comments:
Post a Comment